Last year Virginia DeBolt, the tech editor of BlogHer, gave me a little write up on my presentation. It was very much on the fly as I was 1 week out of the hospital. You can still see the pic line in my arm in her photo. This year, I have not been in the hospital any time recently…so I feel a bit more ready!
- Google Analytics
- Google Analyticator - easily installs google analytics with the fuss of meta tags and a huge number of verification steps that never seem to work. Trust me, this is one you want to use.
Social Media measurement: Google Analytics is wrong - Read this blog to understand why you need to take Google Analytics with a grain of salt.
- Disqus- Comments- allows social media comments
- SEO- Yoast or Scribe - Scribe integrates with Yoast, you may want to install both.
- WordPress Social Share - An easy social share, standard share buttons
- Digg Digg has nice buttons for social share – this is the floating share bar
- Shareaholic- aka. sexy bookmarks
- Facebook Like Box
- Facebook Subscriber
- Follow on Twitter -button
- Twitter Stream
- Feedburner - Rss for your blog
- Pinterest “pin it” button - Make sure you use google analtics to evaluate if Pinterest is helping or hurting you.
- Easy Contact Forms - dont put your email on your blog, put a contact form
- WordPress editorial calendar - schedule out your posts so you can schedule your social media
- IFTTT.com - make your life easier and hook up your social networks to this
- Jetpack by wordpress – Make sure to check out the features, there are many that may benefit your blog.
Thank so much for coming to my presentation. Feel free to contact me.
If you would like me to speak at an event or conference, please contact me here.