Today I am giving a presentation to Emerge NM, an organization that teaches democratic women how to run successful political campaigns. My presentation will be on using social media for your political campaign. I will be focusing on Facebook and Twitter. Though I believe that Google+ is a very strong resource, currently the majority of a local constituency will be on either Facebook or Twitter, as G+ is still a new network and mainly being used by early adapters. . We will be talking about effectively using social media for your political campaign. As a part of the presentation I am providing a list of links that go into detail on how to set up your account, create a page, post, tweet, shorten link, etc.
Enjoy the resources.
- How to Set Up a Facebook Account
- How to Find Friends on Facebook
- How to Post and Share on Facebook
- Upload Photos & Profile Pictures
- Facebook Badges
- Facebook Ads
- How To Set Your Facebook Page URL (Create Username and Vanity URL)
- Twitter 101
- How To Sign Up on Twitter
- How To Change Your Profile Picture or Information
- How To Customize Your Twitter Design
- How to Follow Others
- How To Find People on Twitter
- How To Unfollow Users on Twitter
- What Are Hashtags (“#” Symbols)?
- How To Post a Tweet
- What are @replies and mentions?
- What Is Retweet? (RT)
- How to Post Links (URLs)
- How To Use Twitter Lists
- How To Link From Your Website To Your Twitter Account
This is a social manager that will help you manage your Facebook and Twitter from one location. This is particularly useful for scheduling posts or for managing Twitter.
- Getting Started on Hootsuite
- How to Schedule a Message on Hootsuite
- How to add a social network to Hootsuite
- How to Send Messages
- How to Shrink a URL
- Help Desk
- WordPress.org – for a self hosted blog. This site lets you have your custom domain like mysite.com or laurenmacewen.com and you run your site through the wordpress mainframe. This is what I recommend.
- Blogger – run through Google
- GoDaddy: Register your domain
- Hostmonster – Register your domain and host your website